“This really is a space within a larger learning area. My students take their devices, learning materials, and workpads and independently determine the location, shape, and size of the area in which they want to work. Whether it's for a group exercise or solo learning activity, the purpose of the EXPLORE and REFLECT space is to support student-centered learning and development. The workpads are so light-weight and multipurpose that students of all ages benefit from both their table-top and seating characteristics”.
– Amanda Ellison, Educator, Dallas TX
- Student Centered Learning: Students are encouraged to use interactive technologies to enhance their own learning and discovery.
- Independent Practice: Students research, discover and showcase their learning on personal devices.
- Locus of Control: Students can choose different elements of program content, the medium in which they wish to work, and/or to go deeper into a chosen issue.
- Assessment and Evaluation: Teachers can digitally capture formative and summative information about a students' learning and performance. These tools may include reflection questions, rubrics, quizzes, etc.
Sample Learning Activities:
- Students can be brought together for an on-the-floor group discussion or learning activity with each child seated on a WORKPAD™ Pad.
- Students can find and create their own comfortable space within the larger classroom to work independently on their Chromebook or personal technology device.
- Teachers can digitally administer and instantly collect the results from a quiz, assessment or survey using Prowise ProQuiz while students are scattered around the classroom with their Chromebooks.
- Students can stack WORKPAD™ Pads up for use as a lap desk, back rest or small group table.
- Small groups of students can quickly and easily create a space for discussion or collaboration.
Suggested Technology and Furniture Solutions: